Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cookies from Grandma

Being in Taiwan is great. The people are friendly. The food is good. The weather is nice. The scenery is beautiful.

Being in Taiwan is great.

But....

Sometimes you just miss home.

During the holidays it kind of hits you hard. I called home on Thanksgiving and heard all about the delcious food everyone was having. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, garlic cheese grits, biscuits. Yum.

But I'm over here eating fried rice and tofu.

That's why it was a very pleasant surprise to come home from work and get a package from my Grandmother. She sent me a box of delicious cookies, fudge, party mix, and crackers. All of it made it over here safely, minus one mysterious substance that had exploded all over the box. I think the customs agents disposed of the container though since it was nowhere to be found. It really makes me feel safe to know that the Department of Homeland Security is inspecting my grandmother's cookies.

Another nice surprise was she packed the cookies with marshmellows. If I can get my hands on some graham crackers and hershey bars, I might take them to my treehouse so they can make s'mores. But I might be pushing my luck to find those...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home